For someone who focuses so much on the world of flying, it may seem funny to hear that I absolutely love road trips. I used to drive across the country to go back and forth between my parents’ house in the West and college out East. But these days, it’s hard to find time to actually put a road trip together. Fortunately, that’s all changing as I embark on a long road trip today.
How is this possible? Well, I didn’t announce it here, but I was actually laid off by PriceGrabber last month. Since that time I’ve been working on the blog and looking into other opportunities as well. But I’m in no hurry to jump into anything too quickly, and I’m going to take my time to figure things out.
One thing I know I want to do is focus on getting better, more unique content for the blog so I can attract more readers like all of you. So, this month I found myself invited to several different events around the country that, combined with personal commitments, make for an excellent road trip. I leave tomorrow and I’ll be making the following stops (and more):
- I’m an official judge for the Southwest Halloween costume contest at their headquarters in Dallas
- I’ll be visiting LiveTV (makers of the seatback TV systems you find on JetBlue and others) to see their labs and learn more about what they’re working on next.
- I’ve been given the chance for a sneak peak at the new Indianapolis Airport terminal before it opens for business on Nov 11/12
- I will be attending the PhoCusWright conference right after I return home.
So as you can see, I’m really working hard to bring you some unique and hopefully interesting content. While I’m on the road, I expect to continue to post regularly, though the time of day might be a bit more erratic depending upon what time zone I’m in.
As I continue to work on ways to improve Cranky, there are a few things you can do to help:
- Make sure you subscribe so that you don’t miss a post. (It’s 100% free.) You can or .
- Tell your friends about Cranky. The more people that come visit, the more time I’ll be able to devote to bringing you better content.
- Advertise. If you have a business that you’d like to advertise, and let’s talk. I’m working on a redesign that will allow me to create more advertising spots at various pricepoints.
As always, let me know if you have any back. You know. I’ll speak with you again tomorrow from the road.